BDC Home
Bainbridge - the destination where it all comes together.  Located right off I-95 in the heart of the East Coast, between Baltimore and Philadelphia, elevated on a bluff approximately 200 feet above historic Port Deposit overlooking the breathtaking Susquehanna River. 

The innovative planning and central Mid-Atlantic location of Bainbridge makes this community the perfect destination for business and living.  The master plan for Bainbridge provides over 2.5 million square feet of commercial opportunities utilizing a wide array of transportation modes, a unique variety of residential product for a minimum of 1,250 households in a pedestrian friendly community geared toward families, with superlative recreational and educational amenities within the 1,200 acres.

Bainbridge blends the charm of a traditional village with the best innovations of a mixed-use planned community.  Discover beautiful new homes set in a fully-walkable modern village where families, businesses, employment centers, an educational campus and plenty of parks and recreation come together to create a one-of-a-kind destination.

Commutes:
APG - 16 miles
Baltimore, MD - 45 miles
Washington, DC - 81 miles
Wilmington, DE - 35 miles
Philadelphia, PA - 67 miles
Commercial
  • 2.5 million sq ft of commercial, retail, and office space
  • Enterprise Zone and One Maryland location provides tax breaks, exemptions and incentives
  • Close to Aberdeen Proving Ground
  • Easy Access to Washington DC, Baltimore, Philadelphia, and Wilmington
  • Available for "fast track" designation for plan approvals and permits
  • Network of major East Coast distribution routes, internal airports, and rail service
  • Region boast high-level technical workforce
  • MD businesses pay among the lowest share of state and local taxes of any state in the nation
  • State of Maryland ranks #2 in federal obligations for R&D; #1 for percentage of professional and technical workers in the workforce and #2 in employed Ph.D scientist and engineers
Discover Bainbridge - (B)uild, (D)iversify, (C)ultivate
  • 1,250 new single family homes, townhomes and condominiums from the regions best builders
  • Great Boating and water recreation on the Susquehanna River and Chesapeake Bay
  • College Campus - Public Library - Elementary School
  • Amphitheater - Hiking/Biking Trails - Ball Fields
  • Clubhouse - Swimming pool - River Club - Reservoir
  • Regional Community Center w/senior & youth programs
  • Located on the most northern tip of the Captain John Smith National Historic Water Trail
  • Adaptive Re-use of the Historic Tome School
Residential
Amenities
Regional Airport: Raintree (Elkton) - 13 Miles
Hub/International Airport: BWI  - 52 Miles
Hub/International Airport: PHL - 55 Miles
Commuter Bus - The Commuter Bus is 100% contracted transportation serving both Baltimore and Washington, DC bound commuters from outlying counties.  Commuter Bus operates primarily to peak travel destinations and during peak travel times on weekdays only. Currently there are 18 routes that operate under ten multi-years contracts.  Baltimore bound trips consume only 15% of Commuter Bus resources while the remaining 85% is concentrated towards Washington, DC. The three service providers under contract are Dillon Bus Service, Eyre Bus Service, and Keller Transportation.
Marc Train - The MARC (Maryland Area Regional Commuter) Train Service is a commuter rail system whose service areas include Harford County, Maryland; Baltimore City; Washington D.C.; Brunswick, Maryland; Frederick, Maryland and Martinsburg, West Virginia.
Amtrak - As the nation's intercity passenger rail operator, Amtrak connects America in safer, greener and healthier ways. With 21,000 route miles in 46 states, the District of Columbia and three Canadian provinces, Amtrak operates more than 300 trains each day — at speeds up to 150 mph — to more than 500 destinations. Amtrak also is the operator of choice for state-supported corridor services in 15 states and for four commuter rail agencies. Get fact sheets, documents and information about Amtrak's trains, corridors, improvement efforts and more here.
CSX -CSX Corporation, based in Jacksonville, Fla., is one of the nation's leading transportation companies, providing rail-based transportation services.
Transportation
BDC RFP for an Opportunities and Constraints Analysis of the Historical Tome School for Boys. Full document below.

DUE SEPTEMBER 30, 2014